Goodbye Summer. Hello Autumn! It’s been Autumn for a couple weeks now but it’s only really felt like Autumn this past week. When the morning is greeted with a slight chill in the air but the chill is dissolved by lunchtime when the sun’s warmth is out in full force (note to self: its not chilly enough for fake leather shorts which I wore anyhow, what a sweaty mistake! ).
It still looks like Summer, the sun is shining in all it’s glory most days. The flowers are blooming. The bee’s are buzzing.
I have a mental bucketlist of things I want to do in Autumn;
1. Grow radishes, beans, parsnips, leeks & corn. I have been getting inspiration from watching River Cottage & Gourmet farmer plus reading Whole larder love blog. They make it look so easy. For this black thumb its not. I already lost some bean seedlings, pooey!
2. Roadtrip to Karri valley & maybe do another farmstay as Kobe loved the last one we did. We have to see the giant orange in Harvey & visit Gnomesville too.
3. Leaf fights at the local park.
4. Watching Kobe wear his fluro yellow gumboots & splashing thru the mud & puddles.
5. Cosying up at night indoors preferably reading a good book.
I took these photos at Kings park, Perth where my sister, mum, Kobe & I went on a morning walk over Easter. Since being Easter I brought out the bunny ears I had stashed away for such an occasion where Kobe could roam free & pose while rocking them. Well Kobe doesnt pose nor stand still nor like wearing anything he doesnt choose himself. It was a miracle he sat still watching the fountain spurt water high into the air just long enough for me to get a couple of decent photos.
I even managed to catch a rainbow (it’s faint but I still caught it:)). The start of a good Autumn I say.
Happy Friday friends!