My friend Rach had her birthday last weekend & she celebrated with a Zombie-themed party (she is Zombie cra-cra-crazy!). So I thought why not turn the tables on those zombies & make some super easy Zombie cookies fresh for the eating.
* Arnotts Marie cookies (they were nice & round).
* Queen writing icing in black & also red
* Fondarific buttercream fondant in green.
Heres how I did it
1. I googled inspiration for Zombie cookies on the net & found inspiration off Pinterest which led me to funnydumpster.com for Zombie marshmallows. As if I could mimic the delicate detailing in the zombie marshmallows so I went simple cookie style instead.
2. Follow instructions on Fondarific green buttercream fondant to get the fondant soft. Then roll into balls. Squish these balls onto the centre of the cookies & flatten fondant to cover the cookie.
3. I did some practise runs with the writing icing to test it out. Then using the black writing icing I did crosses for the eyes, then I switched to red writing icing & did squiggly lines (for the blood) under where the mouth would be, & finally I switched back to black writing icing to make a solid line for the mouth. I also made female zombies who had fluttery eyelashes with open circle mouths with red blood dripping.
Attack of the zombie cookies. Run before you get eaten…
…or just eat them hee hee:)
Happy Friday friends!