Last Sunday it was father’s day here in Australia. So I made a special lil something for my dad from my special lil man K-bear & I. For the dad/poppy that wants for nothing we thought to spruce up a potted flower.
- Glue gun
- Flower to plant
- Empty tin (I used a milo tin)
- Coloured feathers & bamboo skewers
- Thick plain bright ribbon
- Patterned ribbon
- Cut out foam letters (I scored a bag of letters from the markets)
2.Glue letters onto tin below the ribbon
3.Drill some holes in the bottom of the tin & plant a poppy flower in it.
4. Grab a couple of bamboo skewers & line up assorted feathers of different colours & sizes on top. Glue thick ribbon around them to secure then repeat with patterned ribbon. Stick into pot as a funky decoration.
Tada… I love how the bright feathers offset the tangerine of the poppy flower. I just hope the tin doesn’t rust too quickly.K-bear showing Poppy how to water & care for his poppy plant. Beware there is about to be water everywhere…And back to the beginning. It was love at first sight for this pair & that love grows tenfold by the day. CUTE!