Doing the dishes has to be my worst chore. I hate washing the dishes, its never ending. So to make it a bit cheerier (if such a thing even exists) I thought I would make his & her teatowels.
- Teatowels or fabric to make teatowels
- Bright patterned fabric to cut out lips & moustache shapes
- Pins, scissors & tailors chalk
- Sewing machine & overlocker
- Measuring tape
1. If your making the teatowel yourself. Measure what length & width you want & cut out (I placed a teatowel on my fabric then added 2.5cms around the edge & cut it out). Overlock edges, pin sides down & sew.
2. For the lips & moustaches. On the reverse side of the patterned fabric, using the tailor’s chalk, outline one side of your shape. The cut out that side until the middle point, fold over then cut the remaining side (I did this so each side was even).
His & her’s teatowels!!!
I can tell you now that the her’s one will be battered & worn by the week’s end but the his one will be in immaculate condition for a long long time ha ha.