Mary poppins famously quoted” A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down”. And today was one of those days that I needed my medicine (aka a sugar fix). My gorgeous lil alarm clock K-bear woke up at 5am & stubbornly refused to go back to sleep. Boo! This was after a few days of him spoiling me with 7am sleep in’s so you can imagine my confusion at the brutal 5am start.
I took him on his morning walk in his pram & hoped the soothing motion of the pram wheels over the bumpy gravel lulls him back to sleep (it didn’t). After his brekky I was rewarded with an hour’s nap. Unfortunately I was so tired that I went back to bed too. When K-bear woke up I fed him his morning snack & then made some delicious pancakes for me. (Just a word of warning its not for the sweet tooth light-hearted!)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons raw caster sugar
- 1 & a half cups of self raising flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Maple syrup
- Butter for spread
- Cadbury chocolate shavings
- Blueberries & blackberries
- Dusting of icing sugar
1.In a bowl whisk an egg & a teaspoon of vanilla essence
2.Sift raw caster sugar, self raising flour & a pinch of cinnamon in to the bowl.
3. Mix well & add melted butter. Mix in the milk in thirds until there is no lumps & the pancake mis is smooth
4. Heat up a frypan & add butter & when the frypan is hot, add pancake batter (in portions). When the pancake mix bubbles flip over & continue cooking the other side until golden brown. Makes between 6-8 pancakes.
5. Serving suggestions smear with butter, glaze with maple sugar, top with berries, dust with icing sugar & sprinkle with chocolate shavings (and or chocolate pieces too!).
So much chocolatey goodness & would of tasted just as delightful with ice-cream (if I had any?!?)
The smell of the pancakes lured in…
…a cheeky lil K-bear. You really cant tell he ate a mini-tub of yoghurt, a handful of grapes & orange slices & vegemite toast for his morning tea the way that he had steelly determination to get to my brekky. Aw love my lil greedy guts! I even have some left for brekky tomorrow.